PDA

View Full Version : Fishing at St John/Kusu Island

Nutzzzz
17-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Been a while since i read any discussion on StJohn/Kusu.

Recently, I have a gd feeling for St John. Been there a few times with my group and while we didnt have gd catch, its a fine place for fishing. Seen KBL, todaks, catfish landed there along the channel. Too lazy to walk further in.

The next time I am there, i will definitely bring live prawns with a float. And try to get bait fish for casting. Got Rabbit Fish there also.

As for Kusu Island, never try before, but I ever asked the owner of the temple and they say its ok for fishing there. And there are lots of shelter n toilet ard, so may want to try there also!

Anyone with gd catches at St John or Kusu lately?

Scorpionking
17-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Yo bro Nutzzzz,

Mai Gong nia... gah gar organise and arrange 1 outing trip there...man!

Go on...try it out for yourself...

Sure to join you man.

Chiong Arh...

diver7up
17-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Didn't know fishing is allowed there. Hope it is true.

Nutzzzz
17-02-2011, 04:10 PM
SK, ok i try to chio. But the timing there is abit weird, cos ferry there is 8plus morning then last ferry is 3pm i think. so only can have about 5 hours of fishing. Also exposed to the sun/rain cos no shelter. U can or not? hahahaha. wait u become chao ta scorpion. hahahaha.

Bro Diver, u talking about Kusu Island right? yah, i also had my doubts but the uncle running the temple say ok leh. There are a few breakwaters there, looks very rocky, so may not be easy terrain. Just dun go fish at the tortise pond ok? hahaha

Scorpionking
17-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Didn't know fishing is allowed there. Hope it is true.

Certain area is off-limit. And the allowed fishing area is also quite of small. If 1 check on the web site of Nparks and looking @ the St. John Island Fishing ground.

Nutzzzz
17-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Certain area is off-limit. And the allowed fishing area is also quite of small. If 1 check on the web site of Nparks and looking @ the St. John Island Fishing ground.

eh...i tot St John Island run by Sentosa ppl now leh....yah i better do some homework first.

Scorpionking
17-02-2011, 04:39 PM
SK, ok i try to chio. But the timing there is abit weird, cos ferry there is 8plus morning then last ferry is 3pm i think. so only can have about 5 hours of fishing. Also exposed to the sun/rain cos no shelter. U can or not? hahahaha. wait u become chao ta scorpion. hahahaha.

Bro Diver, u talking about Kusu Island right? yah, i also had my doubts but the uncle running the temple say ok leh. There are a few breakwaters there, looks very rocky, so may not be easy terrain. Just dun go fish at the tortise pond ok? hahaha

Yo bro,

Chao ta scorpion still better than dry nutzzzz...

rookie
17-02-2011, 04:52 PM
kusu fishing?

forget it, the only few fishing spot available, too big current, always stuck, donate sinkers

st john, good place to go, been there many times, always fish on the causeway.

diver7up
17-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Yo bro,

Chao ta scorpion still better than dry nutzzzz...
Choa ta scorpions and dried nuts blend, soak and preserves in Chinese wine makes good aphrodisiacs. Fishing aside, I think it would be worth a family outing, hopefully.

Nutzzzz
17-02-2011, 05:14 PM
haha dry nuts......jialat. bring some moisturizer lor. haha

oh rookie, u been at Kusu ah. really so bad ah? how abt using float or luring? any gd catch there before?

diver7up
17-02-2011, 05:19 PM

oh rookie, u been at Kusu ah. really so bad ah? how abt using float or luring? any gd catch there before?
You want moisturizer, wait SK gives your venom.

Come to think of it, I haven't actually come acroos CRs from Kusu or have I, tch, tch.... age is catching up ............. lols. Anyone has any to share?

T-Bone
17-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Sounds cool...I havent been there before...if u all going let me know...SK contact me ok if i free i would love to go n explore...

Nutzzzz
17-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Sounds cool...I havent been there before...if u all going let me know...SK contact me ok if i free i would love to go n explore...

T-bone u talking abt kusu? or st john?

ruinoracle
17-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Me too...if got chance sure to join one...hahas

rookie
17-02-2011, 11:12 PM

current too strong to fish man

end up fishing in the lagoon, at least got some swa jiam.

T-Bone
17-02-2011, 11:49 PM
T-bone u talking abt kusu? or st john?

Both are fine for me...never explore we will never know....

mogofogo
18-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Wah it sounds fun, maybe the first outing could be at St Johns? If its crazy, pls ignore lol.

Scorpionking
18-02-2011, 09:10 AM

Alright... I will dont u worry...

But let clear 1 expedition at a time, if not very siong for the wallet and ourselves...hahaha

Nutzzzz
18-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Wah it sounds fun, maybe the first outing could be at St Johns? If its crazy, pls ignore lol.

haha first outing i think Stingray already made plans. St John maybe can be a unofficial gathering....i try to chio after the 1st outing lor hehehe

T-Bone
18-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Alright... I will dont u worry...

But let clear 1 expedition at a time, if not very siong for the wallet and ourselves...hahaha

Ok bro...can no prob...but all participants need to mature enough to take care of themselves....if not Potluck, self survival is not a problem at all...sounds damn exciting...lets ask Bro Zul come along also...I want him to hit his first big fish on his abu prokat

Scorpionking
18-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Ok bro...can no prob...but all participants need to mature enough to take care of themselves....if not Potluck, self survival is not a problem at all...sounds damn exciting...lets ask Bro Zul come along also...I want him to hit his first big fish on his abu prokat

Yeah...man, the more, the merrier....

musmay86
19-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey! Actually St. John island's not bad at all. Especially at tis time with the monsoon season already over. There's a spot there where I always fish for coral fishes. But the current is strong, i agree. I always avoid surfcasting from the waterbreakers, cos u will experience snags. However, some of the 'orang lama' did the alternative by replacing the lead weights with sand/rocks/soil by putting them in the clear plastics which used to make air batu malaysia, so that if snagging happens, you will just loose the plastics and free sands. One thing to note about this is that its bad for the environment/marine life, tats y i kinda hesitate to do it.

If u wanna fish for talang or todak, u can always fish from the bridge and float-out live bait by taking advantage of the currents. I've witnessed big garfish caught from that spot. For those hunting for big stingrays, u can fish at the lagoon in Lazarus Island connected by the bridge.

These are some insights that i could provide based on my experience there. It might benefit those who have not gone there before. So, if St. John is a suggested fishing trip then, it is a good one! I'd love to join too if the God permits!:)

Nutzzzz
19-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey! Actually St. John island's not bad at all. Especially at tis time with the monsoon season already over. There's a spot there where I always fish for coral fishes. But the current is strong, i agree. I always avoid surfcasting from the waterbreakers, cos u will experience snags. However, some of the 'orang lama' did the alternative by replacing the lead weights with sand/rocks/soil by putting them in the clear plastics which used to make air batu malaysia, so that if snagging happens, you will just loose the plastics and free sands. One thing to note about this is that its bad for the environment/marine life, tats y i kinda hesitate to do it.

If u wanna fish for talang or todak, u can always fish from the bridge and float-out live bait by taking advantage of the currents. I've witnessed big garfish caught from that spot. For those hunting for big stingrays, u can fish at the lagoon in Lazarus Island connected by the bridge.

These are some insights that i could provide based on my experience there. It might benefit those who have not gone there before. So, if St. John is a suggested fishing trip then, it is a good one! I'd love to join too if the God permits!:)

yah i give up using sinkers, i always use float there only. got KBLs there if u are lucky!

musmay86
19-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Yup! Sometimes, some KBLs from the fish kelong along the Lazarus Straits escapes. U'll could even get one just by using sarongs! My 12 year old sister did that haha. Given a choice between Kusu and St. John. I'll vote for St, John. But heard that the ferry fee have been increased to 19 dollars from the previous 15. is tat true?
I think to have a relaxed and long trip is to go there on saturday afternoon and go back on Sunday, last ferry. hmmmm...

T-Bone
19-02-2011, 09:53 PM
wah not a bad idea at all...i would love to join u all...update me if u all going

Nutzzzz
19-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Yup! Sometimes, some KBLs from the fish kelong along the Lazarus Straits escapes. U'll could even get one just by using sarongs! My 12 year old sister did that haha. Given a choice between Kusu and St. John. I'll vote for St, John. But heard that the ferry fee have been increased to 19 dollars from the previous 15. is tat true?
I think to have a relaxed and long trip is to go there on saturday afternoon and go back on Sunday, last ferry. hmmmm...

i never try overnight there before? how is it? crowded?

got any encounter which needs to be updated at another thread?

musmay86
19-02-2011, 10:18 PM
haha..the longest overnight fishing trip was 3 days 2 nites for me with my father and brother. If can, when you reach there, try to grab the small pondok near the bridge, set-up your tent at whatever necessary, that is, if you bring along your tent. The best is, try to secure a shelter when you get to overnight at any of the southern islands.

I dun know for these recent times, but the last time, it wasn;t very crowded cos most of the anglers chose to stay at the bridge for the night fishing. Normally you can expect no more than 10 rods. However, at the Lazarus side, it can be very quiet cos visitors dun like the distance that much. But again, that was the last year. can't really say much about the situation now.

However, what i know is that, it could be very dark so lights are essential. The only brightest place there at nite will be the jetty.

Any encounter? meaning?...if you're referring to any supernaturals then i dun think so. Unless you go there alone, it could be quite eerie.haha. Safety wise, its best if you could have the marine police no. or sentosa's so that in case of emergency, you could contact them.

zulkiflerahmat
19-02-2011, 11:45 PM

no wonder i keep biting my tongue.. hahahhaa... So what up? fishing trip still planning? When??
let me know earlier alright.. MArch got really tight Schedule lei.. hahaha..

zulkiflerahmat
19-02-2011, 11:50 PM
i guest such unknown places we need to do scouting prior to any fishing done. This could made advance planning.
scouting like :

1. non prohibited fishing ground
2. condition of place that can be place
3 what kind of method can be use for surfcasting. that is should we use sinker or float.
4. location to set BaseCamp.

but if i am not wrong someone have mention bout the bout trp which is very short. My worry is that it would be kind of rush to do one fishing if the fishing ground is far from the ferry terminal.

EdLee
20-02-2011, 12:01 AM
However, some of the 'orang lama' did the alternative by replacing the lead weights with sand/rocks/soil by putting them in the clear plastics which used to make air batu malaysia, so that if snagging happens, you will just loose the plastics and free sands.

Forgive me for pointing this out. The corals around St John and/or Kusu took Singapore a long time to cultivate and some were actually transferred from Labrador Park because conditions there were killing them. Therefore, using plastic is really a very bad idea. These plastics, even though small, can be trapped in the corals you are fishing and even suffocate the corals to death. When the corals are gone, so will the fish.

Do consider using other replacement instead of plastic. Plastic is non-biodegradable.

musmay86
20-02-2011, 12:12 AM
yup bro. i echo tat. just an information, not to be done. :). So, how's it gonna be.? any suggested dates?

Nutzzzz
20-02-2011, 08:03 AM
ok let me do a recce on that place first and i report back with some pics!

fishonatic
20-02-2011, 08:50 AM
agreed. i used to use that but using those small packet plastic to put in chicken rice chilli. now already stopped. sayang the corals man.. i sighted sea turtles alot of time over there at lazarus island, heard of an info that turtles eat jellyfish and there plastic sure can be seen as jellyfish by these turtles.
Forgive me for pointing this out. The corals around St John and/or Kusu took Singapore a long time to cultivate and some were actually transferred from Labrador Park because conditions there were killing them. Therefore, using plastic is really a very bad idea. These plastics, even though small, can be trapped in the corals you are fishing and even suffocate the corals to death. When the corals are gone, so will the fish.

Do consider using other replacement instead of plastic. Plastic is non-biodegradable.

rookie
02-03-2011, 09:34 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/rookie_517/Image520.jpg

Nutzzzz
02-03-2011, 09:38 PM
whoopee! todak....this size muz have jumped a few times. how u catch it along the causeway? rig /bait?

rookie
02-03-2011, 09:51 PM
whoopee! todak....this size muz have jumped a few times. how u catch it along the causeway? rig /bait?

bro, just drift out a dead tamban and wait

it will hit within 30sec if they are around.

using 6lb main, 8lbs leader.

diver7up
20-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Hello Mr. Moderator, talking talking mak mak, where action? Go plan one Saturday we take family there la. lols

Scorpionking
20-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Hello Mr. Moderator, talking talking mak mak, where action? Go plan one Saturday we take family there la. lols

Ya man..cheong arh....chao tao till chao tao...lah

No problem...already chao tao liao...beside things and facilities that not available, we can improvised...

diver7up
20-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Ya man..cheong arh....chao tao till chao tao...lah

No problem...already chao tao liao...beside things and facilities that not available, we can improvised...
I mean just jio a few guys ok la. No need make a big fuss ...lols

Scorpionking
20-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I mean just jio a few guys ok la. No need make a big fuss ...lols

gin gIn..mai tu liao...gia, wa nang seng ke...try the teng herng...if good then we jio suma nang ke...swee boh...

diver7up
20-05-2011, 04:17 PM
gin gIn..mai tu liao...gia, wa nang seng ke...try the teng herng...if good then we jio suma nang ke...swee boh...
2011 still got good Hokkien Ping ... lols

Scorpionking
20-05-2011, 04:22 PM
2011 still got good Hokkien Ping ... lols

Hokkien Peng xi xi dou yao...dei ping gor hom ping gor luin lord lor...hahahas

diver7up
20-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Hokkien Peng xi xi dou yao...dei ping gor hom ping gor luin lord lor...hahahas
sar luk goa, je hor, or kio tow, ang kio tow, tua bay lor..... lols

Scorpionking
20-05-2011, 04:42 PM
sar luk goa, je hor, or kio tow, ang kio tow, tua bay lor..... lols

this in Japanese...sir? saya tak faham...

diver7up
20-05-2011, 05:27 PM
ok la. Let's return thread. It is olden Hokkien hahhaaaaa

fishonatic
20-05-2011, 09:53 PM
this one make me laugh.. from hokkien to melayu, then also got jepun har...from prehistoric war times... hahahahah!

Scorpionking
20-05-2011, 09:55 PM
this one make me laugh.. from hokkien to melayu, then also got jepun har...from prehistoric war times... hahahahah!

Hope that it brighten up your day... St John...cheong arh...

Nutzzzz
20-05-2011, 09:58 PM
whahahahaha let me propose a weekend in June?

fishonatic
20-05-2011, 10:01 PM
wah really took me out from my slumber.. just woke up..open to the forum with a laugh...hahaha!if St john ask me to cheong hor......until causeway sua...further in i will melt..hahaha!
Hope that it brighten up your day... St John...cheong arh...

Scorpionking
20-05-2011, 10:01 PM

on lah...June good not in August..if not by then it will the Lunar 7 month...

diver7up
21-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Now no more kingfisher? and who is this June that you wanna proposed to?

diver7up
21-05-2011, 02:57 PM
on lah...June good not in August..if not by then it will the Lunar 7 month...
Though August would be more fun but June would be ok since the school holidays coincide. Let's find a Saturday??

vivken
21-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Oei~!!!! tatz my turf.
How can U not call me?????? heh heh heh

U guys planning overnight fishing?

If so, can just take the last ferry on Sat, hav BBQ for dinner, then fish until the next day....
Morning I bring U apes go coconut harvesting.

Spend the rest of Sunday fishing @ Kusu.
Can match up uncle driver to those nice lady turtles.

diver7up
21-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Oei~!!!! tatz my turf.
How can U not call me?????? heh heh heh

U guys planning overnight fishing?

If so, can just take the last ferry on Sat, hav BBQ for dinner, then fish until the next day....
Morning I bring U apes go coconut harvesting.

Spend the rest of Sunday fishing @ Kusu.
Can match up uncle driver to those nice lady turtles.
...nothing concrete yet la.... not so kan chiong....lady turtles? wait left with shells only lols

vivken
21-05-2011, 11:50 PM
...nothing concrete yet la.... not so kan chiong....lady turtles? wait left with shells only lols

Nah~!!! heh heh

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/vivkentim/Southern%20Island%2022-24%20April%202011/nakedturtle.jpg

Roland
22-05-2011, 09:19 PM
went to St John and kusu island today..not so much for fishing but more for picnic.

Surprisingly not many people fishing in st john island except some old uncles and aunties fishing for small fish at the jetty. Also saw some fisho fishing at the bridge to Lazarus island. but so far never see anyone landing any catch. but I think is a nice place to fish tough the water looks clean and promising.

After st John island hop onto the ferry to kusu island. kusu island is really small and all corners within walking distant. recee a little for fishing area and saw some break water facloooking the ship channel . seems like a place for big game with strong current . also saw alot of large mullet in the lagoon where near the temple,,whats more alarmi is something below the mullet..something really huge lurking below those giant mullet. looks like trevally. I'll pos the pictures tomorrow.

On the way back at the ferry terminal I was asking the lady staff if fishing is allow in kusu island..she said can fish around the area. then I ask how come no people fishing around..she said here no fish!! lol.

on the whole I think st John is good place for fishing and kusu has some very strong current might have big games !!

extra information is ferry charges is 15 dollars and depart from marina south pier and takes about 20 minutes .

for schedule you can check here : http://islandcruise.com.sg/site/index.php?Itemid=31&id=21&option=com_content&task=view

you also have to bring your own food and water there as there is no shop around , but at kusu u can buy drinks at the temple.

tight lines everyone.

Scorpionking
22-05-2011, 10:07 PM
went to St John and kusu island today..not so much for fishing but more for picnic.

Surprisingly not many people fishing in st john island except some old uncles and aunties fishing for small fish at the jetty. Also saw some fisho fishing at the bridge to Lazarus island. but so far never see anyone landing any catch. but I think is a nice place to fish tough the water looks clean and promising.

After st John island hop onto the ferry to kusu island. kusu island is really small and all corners within walking distant. recee a little for fishing area and saw some break water facloooking the ship channel . seems like a place for big game with strong current . also saw alot of large mullet in the lagoon where near the temple,,whats more alarmi is something below the mullet..something really huge lurking below those giant mullet. looks like trevally. I'll pos the pictures tomorrow.

On the way back at the ferry terminal I was asking the lady staff if fishing is allow in kusu island..she said can fish around the area. then I ask how come no people fishing around..she said here no fish!! lol.

on the whole I think st John is good place for fishing and kusu has some very strong current might have big games !!

extra information is ferry charges is 15 dollars and depart from marina south pier and takes about 20 minutes .

for schedule you can check here : http://islandcruise.com.sg/site/index.php?Itemid=31&id=21&option=com_content&task=view

you also have to bring your own food and water there as there is no shop around , but at kusu u can buy drinks at the temple.

tight lines everyone.

Yo bro,

Never jio me along...otherwise the big mullets on your table liao...

Come this time round...we go St. John Island...03/06/2011 (Friday) U wanna on?

Roland
23-05-2011, 09:14 AM
bro, you quick hand and leg lei-- try to go during that time ,have to let you know when nearing the date..I've attached some pictures of the giant mullets.. and what's more frightening is what lurks below them....look at those red arrows

diver7up
23-05-2011, 09:23 AM

tight lines everyone.

Bro, thanks for sharing the info. Cheers

Scorpionking
23-05-2011, 10:57 AM
bro, you quick hand and leg lei-- try to go during that time ,have to let you know when nearing the date..I've attached some pictures of the giant mullets.. and what's more frightening is what lurks below them....look at those red arrows

Seeing those mullets here... I reckon lagi mai tu liao...booked your date immediately...and we set off...whatever lurking below them...1 will know when 1 be there...no point guessing here...hahahahas...if not this Saturday we go....Cheong Arh.....:))

blurking
23-05-2011, 11:36 AM
This sat cannot lah.... clash with luring expedition to USR ^_^

BBQ grey mullet good to eat or not?:">

diver7up
23-05-2011, 01:03 PM
There's another programme, a seminar on luring will take place this weekend too. I don't think it is nice to clash. All the same, those who are not luring can always take the lead.

Nutzzzz
23-05-2011, 01:31 PM
wow looks gd wor. do u guys prefer to go in June school holidays? personally i am out for May cos i be in Korea for next 2 weeks.

Some proposed dates i have is June 18th, 25th. Both are Sat.

diver7up
23-05-2011, 01:33 PM
June 18th seems favourable, not too early nor late during school holidays. Anyone else?

blurking
23-05-2011, 02:25 PM
should be ok for me... coming back from kuching with parents on the 17th (not fishing).

Gearwise: the stuff brought to smith marine ok for the spot? Or should I also include the surf outfit?

Scorpionking
23-05-2011, 02:55 PM
No worry...anytime also can for me...

I merely suggesting here only...however who is really interested to try the spot.. can pm me... we can go hunt them together...

Cheers...

Roland
24-05-2011, 10:33 AM
A bigger and more contrast picture so all can see the size of the fish under the giant mullets......

Nutzzzz
24-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Ok i am keen to go Kusu try for big fish in daytime. Probably on 18th June. Let me check the tides and if its a gd tide, then I will start a thread to ask for kakis! And of cos, those wan to fish overnight can do so lar!

Nutzzzz
24-05-2011, 11:54 AM
A bigger and more contrast picture so all can see the size of the fish under the giant mullets......

boss this area where u got the pic, can fish ah? sure its not a place where ppl release fish inside?

Roland
24-05-2011, 01:11 PM
This area in a lagoon. Cannot fish......

vivken
24-05-2011, 03:48 PM
This area in a lagoon. Cannot fish......

Wat The.....!?
I can picture thiz now....Scorpionking & the rest of the gang stunned standing while holding their rod with hooks swinging right in front of their face.
U die liao...a torrent of falling sinkers coming your way.....lol

blurking
24-05-2011, 04:52 PM
pendulum casters ready! Own time own target!

Roland
24-05-2011, 05:02 PM
haha-- same size mullet in st john also..but that side can fish!

blurking
24-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Mullet rig = 3 snood apollo with size 14, 10 hooks baited with bread? Wouldn't mind snagging a few table size mullets and bbq them on the spot with lemon, thyme and evoo.

Nutzzzz
24-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Wat The.....!?
I can picture thiz now....Scorpionking & the rest of the gang stunned standing while holding their rod with hooks swinging right in front of their face.
U die liao...a torrent of falling sinkers coming your way.....lol

whahahahah :D then we have to decide between st john n kusu

Roland
24-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Mullet rig = 3 snood apollo with size 14, 10 hooks baited with bread? Wouldn't mind snagging a few table size mullets and bbq them on the spot with lemon, thyme and evoo.

you have to chum with bread first and then drop in your hooks with bread. the size of hook have to be small maybe like those tamban hook.

the best alternative is to cast them.. one cast gather all!! haha

Scorpionking
24-05-2011, 09:19 PM
whahahahah :D then we have to decide between st john n kusu

No need to choose..just fish at both side...hahahas

vivken
24-05-2011, 10:43 PM

Wow great!!! U oso know the essence of Italian cooking. (not many ppl know watz a evoo)
finally I found someone who share the same passion...heh heh heh

ok man....I fish'em up with my handrod, U cook.
or U wanna try my Jipun blow torch cooking, no need BBQ.

blurking
24-05-2011, 10:53 PM
hah if going... my ice box is for ingredients. Wonder if we can do it jipun style or not... stick and campfire... but mullet a lot of bones leh....

diver7up
25-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Wow great!!! U oso know the essence of Italian cooking. (not many ppl know watz a evoo)
finally I found someone who share the same passion...heh heh heh

ok man....I fish'em up with my handrod, U cook.
or U wanna try my Jipun blow torch cooking, no need BBQ.
Very good idea...... and then I eat.

fishyat
08-06-2011, 01:18 PM
nothing plan?

Scorpionking
08-06-2011, 01:29 PM
nothing plan?

Next weekend(Saturday)..high tide in the afternoon...2.6m....should be good to go....

blurking
08-06-2011, 02:31 PM
so are we planning a trip on the 18th?

Tide table

18/06
-------

0646 0.0
1350 2.6
1854 1.3

19/06
-------

0035 2.9
0733 0.1
1428 2.5
1935 1.3

blurking
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
interested members please fall in :)

Nutzzzz
09-06-2011, 04:00 PM
so sorry, i started this thread but cannot make it on the 18th hahah. My weekends probably abit too packed recently, will try to find time to organize one more trip in August, since July we already have the gathering :)

Scorpionking
10-06-2011, 10:36 AM
hahaha paisei paisei....my weekend schedule very packed mah, hahaha, i have many ppl to entertain :P

Wow...what a PRO...do u provide special service?...and what your charges?...hahahahas....

Jiat Buay Liao....hehehe

rookie
10-06-2011, 05:44 PM
bro sk, dun laff at bro nutzz man.

He is toking about millions when i saw him at hougang kopi diam
u look at how serious the face, u know they are not toking about small sums liao.
Dun pray pray

hehee.. :p

Scorpionking
10-06-2011, 11:43 PM
bro sk, dun laff at bro nutzz man.

He is toking about millions when i saw him at hougang kopi diam
u look at how serious the face, u know they are not toking about small sums liao.
Dun pray pray

hehee.. :p

Okay..Okay...but millions deal discussion at Hougang kopi diam? ...with the kopi uncle..asking siao-lian eh ai nim simi...are they the jokers who disturbed the kopi uncles in youtube...hahahahas :))

diver7up
11-06-2011, 08:42 AM
so are we planning a trip on the 18th?

Tide table

18/06
-------

0646 0.0
1350 2.6
1854 1.3

19/06
-------

0035 2.9
0733 0.1
1428 2.5
1935 1.3
What time will you guys be there? Though of taking the family there for a visit.

blurking
11-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Guess it's a no go for the group session. Might have to satisfy myself with a trip to BJT on the 18th :)

Nutzzzz
11-06-2011, 07:04 PM
I maybe keen. Who else wanna go? But me gg morn then back on e last ferry though. Hehe.

blurking
12-06-2011, 07:34 AM
can do a day trip lah.. interested parties please reply in thread.

Ferry schedule:

First ferry departing: 0900 from marina south ferry terminal
Last ferry departing: 1545 from St john Island

can catch the incoming high tide golden time (1150 - 1350(actual high)-1515 (receding))

edit: I may have limited access to the internet cos I'm going for a short makan trip to kuching with family. Will be back on the 17th afternoon so... we'll see how. Hopefully can pull this off.

fishyat
12-06-2011, 09:42 AM
can do a day trip lah.. interested parties please reply in thread.

Ferry schedule:

First ferry departing: 0900 from marina south ferry terminal
Last ferry departing: 1545 from St john Island

can catch the incoming high tide golden time (1150 - 1350(actual high)-1515 (receding))

edit: I may have limited access to the internet cos I'm going for a short makan trip to kuching with family. Will be back on the 17th afternoon so... we'll see how. Hopefully can pull this off.

Ferry timing is for weekend only or weekday also can go? If 1 or few ppl board d boat nia will it move ?

Nutzzzz
16-06-2011, 02:57 PM
ferry is for Sat and Sun also if I am not wrong. The ferry will go to Kusu then to St John. The ferry will go regardless of how many ppl if i am not wrong.

I shld be going this Sat to St John to play play. Some of my kakis with me, abt 5 of us. Taking the morning ferry 0900 and the last ferry back, which is 3.45pm from St John.

Anyone keen?

diver7up
16-06-2011, 05:10 PM
ferry is for Sat and Sun also if I am not wrong. The ferry will go to Kusu then to St John. The ferry will go regardless of how many ppl if i am not wrong.

I shld be going this Sat to St John to play play. Some of my kakis with me, abt 5 of us. Taking the morning ferry 0900 and the last ferry back, which is 3.45pm from St John.

Anyone keen?
Bro, just thinking aloud:
Supposing if you were to meet at 435 to collect the tees, would you still be able to make it by 9am?

Nutzzzz
16-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Shld be ok but will have to be real early boss. Say abt 730am.

diver7up
16-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Shld be ok but will have to be real early boss. Say abt 730am.

You guys are really lucky. No need to work .. haiz

Roland
16-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Correction bro, The ferry will first go to St john and then to kusu ...

Anyone keen?

blurking
16-06-2011, 08:10 PM
No night time meet up at 435? Bro nutz can collect shrt for me? I will be joining for day trip also. Gearwise, surfcasting and salty fighter ok?

ravager
16-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Bro, just thinking aloud:
Supposing if you were to meet at 435 to collect the tees, would you still be able to make it by 9am?

Bro,tmr night can collect the tee already?

diver7up
17-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Bro,tmr night can collect the tee already?
I am awaiting reply from vendor. I will post on the Mini Gathering's first thread when I received news from him. So guys, please prepare the outstanding amount due .... lolz. Need to account to WTF for this Tee Shirt tinge. Cheers

Nutzzzz
17-06-2011, 11:07 AM
So guys, I am taking the 0900hrs ferry tmr morning at Marina South Pier. Pls give me a call or sms if u keen to join up. My number is 90298020. I shld be at the ferry ard 820am!

But just sharing my own experience, lots of sangkut there. So I am just going there for luring and using float with 1-2m leader! and bring loads of drinks, sun protection, raincoat! Pretty exposed there!

blurking
17-06-2011, 01:18 PM
hmm.. like that means no surfcasting for me then lol.... question: is bait easy to find?

Nutzzzz
17-06-2011, 02:29 PM
hmm.. like that means no surfcasting for me then lol.... question: is bait easy to find?

hmmmn can try to sneak some sabiki down the jetty for some tamban if they are ard. Usually fishing is a no-no at the jetty.

We getting some live prawns so u can use ours :) i probably float a live prawn on a balloon out while playing with some lures ba

Nutzzzz
17-06-2011, 02:33 PM
anyway bro, send a sms to me ya. Cos we may change to Kusu if the island turns out to be crowded. I let u know why in the sms. hahhaha.

rookie
17-06-2011, 04:43 PM
quite a few yellowtail there right under the causeway if u guy like it.

blurking
17-06-2011, 06:09 PM
hmm... might have to give it a miss... wanna try my hand at BJT tomorrow... good tides and timing. Sorry bro nutzz for flying a380 at the last moment.

Nutzzzz
17-06-2011, 09:28 PM
No prob. Cos we also may skip to kusu. Huge crowd expected at St John.

Tkrwkt
25-06-2011, 01:16 AM
ST news reported today (Fri) that tons of KBL escaped from Lazarus Kelong. Understand from fellow fishos it happened 3 weeks ago, since then, every weekend St. John Island was packed with fishos going there to try their luck. Any updates on the catch?

Nutzzzz
25-06-2011, 01:56 PM
No point going liao. Think the Kbl n the original residents all Kena wiped out liao. Hahaha.

Tkrwkt
26-06-2011, 01:15 AM
No point going liao. Think the Kbl n the original residents all Kena wiped out liao. Hahaha.
Thanks for the update. Nevertheless, is dead current(Si Lau) this weekend, will do fresh water instead.