X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get prawning rods

Hey guys. Anyone knows where can I get a good quality prawning rod? Other than fishing buddy, are there any other places that sells prawn rods? Thanks.
    =Nothing Is Easy To The Unwilling=

hi,most tackleshops in SG do stock up on prawning rods...
    try the shops at Beach Rd...

but good ones arent cheap..
    [FONT="Century Gothic"]Some people go fishing without knowing it is not fish they are after[/FONT]

Comment

yep. I'm looking for good quality types. Not those like "Sure Catch" but something like.. Pokkee? An uncle told me that brand was good. Do you have any names of the shops that sells those? If not where to find them would be nice. Many thanks (:

Comment

choosing a prawn rod isnt like choosing a fishing rod, fish weighs from as low as 50g to ur own imagination from the wild where prawns were nvr close to even 700g, choosing a prawn rod depends more on skill lvl and personal preference, i prefer a softer tip rod more fun when fighting a 200g above size prawn, the other stiffer ones has a different set-hook pattern from softer tip, BUT i realise stiffer tip ones damn fun for fishing selar, big_eye, todak n other types bait fishes from a kelong.
        in all, brands aint tat important on prawn rod as price range for prawn rod aint any 'BIG' difference from as low as below $20 to $60.
        i'm using Exori 5/6/7 soft tip rod bought at taman jurong Regal Tang, maybe 1 day can have a prawning session together.

Comment

Same tots as bro fy....im using surecatch zoom 5-6-7
          In the Spirit of Passion We Shall Thrive

www.tbonesfishingmania.blogspot.com

Note: The comments above are merely based on my opinions. Others are welcome to disagree. Sharing intended and far from conviction. =)

Comment

Happy cny to all! Thank you for all the advice so far (:
            I understand it is all about the feel and personal preference. However, the uncle at the prawning area told me if i want to get a rod, i might as well get a good quality one as it is better than those house brand types. So far I like the feel of a medium soft rod with a big hook. Do you think the shops at Changi V sells those?

Comment

trust me or not theres not really any quality comparison in prawn rod, but its up to u to decide if u believe tat 'uncle', all u need is a rod that suit ur style of setting hook on a prawn when it bites not d other way round, Pentagoon where do u normally prawning @?

Comment

Yea. In the end I just decided to get a regular prawn rod 6-7-8 ft. Everything is set up and ready to go prawning later. I normally prawn at Bishan. The place is really good. If I had a cam, I would take some shots and upload the real monsters i caught

Comment

Originally posted by Pentagoon View Post
                  Yea. In the end I just decided to get a regular prawn rod 6-7-8 ft. Everything is set up and ready to go prawning later. I normally prawn at Bishan. The place is really good. If I had a cam, I would take some shots and upload the real monsters i caught
                  dun listen wat ppl say at the end of the day is wat u r buying coming frm yurz own pocket.....well i cn say prawning rod need not to be tat good juz get light rod is more than enough but fishing rod and reels is much more diff cuz u nvr knw wat u r reeling in a open sea rite t-bone and fy.....
                  where theres kims i will hunt them down

Comment

all prawns rod are generally light. its the length n tip tat matters

Comment

Originally posted by firdaus View Post
                      dun listen wat ppl say at the end of the day is wat u r buying coming frm yurz own pocket.....well i cn say prawning rod need not to be tat good juz get light rod is more than enough but fishing rod and reels is much more diff cuz u nvr knw wat u r reeling in a open sea rite t-bone and fy.....
                      Yup...it has more complications as there are different designs for the different applications involved with the vast types of fishing...at the end of the day we are searching for what works best for us and not for others...
                      In the Spirit of Passion We Shall Thrive

www.tbonesfishingmania.blogspot.com

Note: The comments above are merely based on my opinions. Others are welcome to disagree. Sharing intended and far from conviction. =)

Comment

True.. Cos im still a beginner. I cant even tie the knots yet. So generally I look for advice. But I already chose my own rod and I tried it out. I like the feel and everything. Is like what you guys said, in the end is really up to personal perference.

Comment

Working...
                        X