X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my virginity 4th June

Excited to hear that Merv is finally taking me kayak fishing. So much so I can't sleep the night before so I had lots of drinks and finally knocked out at 2, only to wake up at 5 and start getting ready.

Met the gang (Ian, Merv and Philip), had a quick kopi O, equipped ourselves and off to launch site.

Thanks to Merv for setting up and showing me the way. The Tequila was cool. Loaded up and off we go... man this is hard work hahaha...

Beginner's luck, was the first to hit an Ang Chor and then another one and a Sickle Fish (ChaoXi). Weather was dark clouds and then rain came. Hardcore anglers, brave the rain (already wet anyway). Couple of small ones in between and a few baby groupers. Hit a MJ and then while jigging, hit a really big Pom. Sun is up by now and its quite hot so its time to go...

Back home and showered and still feeling as though I am at the sea, swaying from side to side hahaha... Pictures later, got to go workshop to collect my car.
    Live by Design, Not by Default!
    - Billy Kueek
    [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Originally posted by Billy View Post
    Excited to hear that Merv is finally taking me kayak fishing. So much so I can't sleep the night before so I had lots of drinks and finally knocked out at 2, only to wake up at 5 and start getting ready.

Met the gang (Ian, Merv and Philip), had a quick kopi O, equipped ourselves and off to launch site.

Thanks to Merv for setting up and showing me the way. The Tequila was cool. Loaded up and off we go... man this is hard work hahaha...

Beginner's luck, was the first to hit an Ang Chor and then another one and a Sickle Fish (ChaoXi). Weather was dark clouds and then rain came. Hardcore anglers, brave the rain (already wet anyway). Couple of small ones in between and a few baby groupers. Hit a MJ and then while jigging, hit a really big Pom. Sun is up by now and its quite hot so its time to go...

Back home and showered and still feeling as though I am at the sea, swaying from side to side hahaha... Pictures later, got to go workshop to collect my car.
    ..... bro, feel sad and happy:

SAD: you lost it and gotten whacked from wet till dry ...loz.
    HAPPY: from the descriptions of your catch, you must have enjoyed it.

Cheers kayak gang.
    Last edited by diver7up; 04-06-2011, 03:21 PM.
    Survival Instincts

Comment

Fwah!! You were fast Billy! Nearly as fast as catching the first fish on your first drop on your first trip! Such a shame you lost that lovely big Golden Pomfret!! Seeing it flap around on your kayak and escaping like that - GREAT!!! It will still be there for us to catch next time! Just had one of my Poms for lunch.....YUM YUM!!!

Great being out with you guys today - surely a day to remember!!

Comment

Golden pomfrets?! You guys sure are hitting a different species list each week!
        I'm finally not working on a Sunday tomorrow! Anyone heading out?? My fishfinder's still down though..dammit

Comment

Another convert? hahaha.... having a lot of that lately, thanks to the ever-obliging Merv & Pearly! Golden pomfrets? Didn't know you can catch them in Sg waters. Looking forward to the great pics!
          Queenfish - 1, KBL - 3 (PB - 53cm/1.75kg), Grouper - 3, MJack - 1, Taiwan Ngor - 2, Sailfish - 1, Tenggiri - 1, Chermin - 0, ACK - 0,

Comment

Billy was first in with a nice Ang Cho - I think Merv has the foto for that one.

He caught a nice MJ too -

Pomfret number 1..

Number 2

Number 3

....and 4

Comment

Nice Ang Cho for Philip..

MJ for Merv..

Ang Kway for Philip..

Comment

MJ for me..released after the photo...

Glooper..

Another MJ on Berkley Gulp Shrimp..

Gulp..

Comment

Nice variety of fishes! i realised its a moderator kayak fishing trip lol
                  Finally my TOYS have arrived!

Comment

Interesting catches. Well done bros.
                    Survival Instincts

Comment

well done guys, great catchs as usual!

so billy, when getting your own yak?

lol that explain, why the majong lady told me ang mo(Ian) came to buy ammos early

Comment

Nice fishes mate!! Missing that spot leh One day I'm going to take that 2hr paddle there!!
                        It's great to see that you guys managed to save quite abit fo drowning fishes LOL.

As for me.. I had an exciting day putting my Ikea chairs and tables together! LOL..
                        However tonight going to farmway 3 to whack!! LOL

PS: Billy have you got poison enuff to invest in a kayak real soon?
                        http://www.mathewtanfishing.com
                        http://www.sganglers.com

Comment

I think Billy has doubts about getting into kayak fishing after witnessing the logistic mess that we had to carry on each trip. Plus he can barely paddle the return trip back .... I had to "tow" him back for more than half of the return journey!

Anyway, I have finally kept my promise to take Billy on a kayak fishing experience trip when the condition is right, for a good day out. He had waited for a long long long time!

We had sun, sand, sea, waves, rain, wind, choppy water before the storm followed by calm flat water during the downpour ...... Laughter, sweat, joy and many virginity broken .... Including Ian's first promfret, Billy's first kayak fishing thread posting, Philip's first fish on a rubber lure and I have got my first five spot herring fish on lure too!

It was a day of good fun!
                          Last edited by babymerv5; 04-06-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Lol Merv, u Play cheat leh, your yak special leh

Comment

Hahahahahahaha ..... Trade secret!

Comment

Working...
                              X