X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAF yacht club, anybody got try b4?

just wondering if any of the old birds out there have tried fishing off SAFYC before- i fished the waters off it from a charter boat and i found the water condition to be good and the spots to be quite close to shore! anybody else tried out the place? is there any good launching points nearby?

heard from e boatman that there's chermin and lots of bottom fish in the nearby waters, and noticed that there are quite a lot of shore anglers from the marina!

cheers,
    bernard

You mean the Changi Club - next to the Changi Naval Base? Been fishing there a few times, but still to land anything big! I know there are some good spots there, but I just haven't found them yet. You can launch from the rocks beside the club. Park at the car park and walk down beside the fence. It is quite slippery though, so make sure you have good shoes! Stay away from the yellow buoys marking the boundary of the Naval Base though. If you go too close the siren will sound and a warning comes out over the loud speaker - "STOP, STOP - OR I WILL SHOOT!!".

Comment

Have seen a very nice sized parrot trapped in the walled cove area during low tide. Was so so near yet so far. haha. Also seen fat mullets shoaling near the seawalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Pearly View Post
        You mean the Changi Club - next to the Changi Naval Base? Been fishing there a few times, but still to land anything big! I know there are some good spots there, but I just haven't found them yet. You can launch from the rocks beside the club. Park at the car park and walk down beside the fence. It is quite slippery though, so make sure you have good shoes! Stay away from the yellow buoys marking the boundary of the Naval Base though. If you go too close the siren will sound and a warning comes out over the loud speaker - "STOP, STOP - OR I WILL SHOOT!!".
        I guard those areas with my GPMG armed with live rounds. That's not what we shout...
        Live by Design, Not by Default!
        - Billy Kueek
        [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
          I guard those areas with my GPMG armed with live rounds. That's not what we shout...
          Were you ready to shoot to kill or just signal
          It is through self reflection that our true potential is dicovered.
          It is through selflessness that our true purpose is discovered.
          Fishing gives me joys kayaking gives me freedom:)

Comment

Originally posted by Pearly View Post
            I stand to be corrected. I thought the land beside the SAFYC is state land, and entering this area will be considered as trepassing.

Comment

Last time I was there, there was no sign saying "State Land" and no fence, just a well worn track down to the water, Ed.

Comment

Hehe, maybe got lah but the sign is probably overrun by vegetation and creepers. I do agree that the path next to the yacht club is pretty obvious, just try not to make a "grand entrance"! Tried from shore, no bites. Not sure about further offshore from there. But got uncle using poles to fish for some small fish, looks like rabbit fish to me.
                Queenfish - 1, KBL - 3 (PB - 53cm/1.75kg), Grouper - 3, MJack - 1, Taiwan Ngor - 2, Sailfish - 1, Tenggiri - 1, Chermin - 0, ACK - 0,

Comment

State Land means open unused land that are owned by the State (Government). Not a private land so no one can claim it for private use and stop other public from using it.

It was used to be "State Land - Trespasser will be prosecuted" during the iron hand rule era. Now generally it is re-worded to "State Land - Enter at your own risk" since a couple of decades back.

In 2007, some sites were also further re-worded to "State Land - This site is for casual community and recreational use. Please exercise caution and be responsible for your own safety”

Only Fenced-up, Protect, Restricted or Prohibited area we cannot enter. The other area we can "enter at our own risk". Other public laws apply: no littering, no obscene act etc.

Comment

hi, i had caught a stingray before in the yatch club itself, my rod nearly flew into the water ........see my avata for the sting ray . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by philip113 View Post
                      Were you ready to shoot to kill or just signal
                      Ready to shoot if they overrun coast guards.
                      Live by Design, Not by Default!
                      - Billy Kueek
                      [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
                        Ready to shoot if they overrun coast guards.
                        Wah very violent
                        It is through self reflection that our true potential is dicovered.
                        It is through selflessness that our true purpose is discovered.
                        Fishing gives me joys kayaking gives me freedom:)

Comment

Thank you Leon for the clear and simple clarification. Much appreciated here.

Originally posted by Leon View Post
                          State Land means open unused land that are owned by the State (Government). Not a private land so no one can claim it for private use and stop other public from using it.

It was used to be "State Land - Trespasser will be prosecuted" during the iron hand rule era. Now generally it is re-worded to "State Land - Enter at your own risk" since a couple of decades back.

In 2007, some sites were also further re-worded to "State Land - This site is for casual community and recreational use. Please exercise caution and be responsible for your own safety”

Only Fenced-up, Protect, Restricted or Prohibited area we cannot enter. The other area we can "enter at our own risk". Other public laws apply: no littering, no obscene act etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X